Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The goals

This is my attempt at keeping track of my bonsais, development of the trees, plans and just logging what I have learned. I started doing bonsai in 2006, but did not start learning seriously until I met Rodney Clemons in 2010. My first trip to Japan took place in summer 2012. I stayed at Aichi-en and became friends with Peter Tea. I went back for repotting (and my birthday) in March 2013.

At this point my plans are to keep the number of species I work on to just the ones I already have and try to learn more and more about the few species I am already working on. At this point my main interest is in maples, two needle pines, and junipers (mainly femina since I cannot get my hands on Tosho in the US). I also have an ume and an american cherry. I plan to keep collecting Virginia pines and cherries. Also, I have a few young maples in the ground (japanese, trident, and Arakawa). I plan to keep making airlayers and developing new trees from scratch.

I hope that this is going to be a place for me to share my thoughts and experiences without judgement. A place where I can share my mistakes and plans to correct them in the future. I don't view this project as a tool for promotion or learning. The goal is just to keep a diary as a resource for me to go back to in the future and remember what I was thinking in the past.

I have put it aside for a very long time. I tried doing it in a word file, paper file, picture folder and have failed every time. So this is just another attempt at keeping myself organized. If people read it and keep me honest - great. Otherwise I will try to do it myself. I am I start now. A man much wiser than myself once said: "yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, but today is a gift. That's why they call it present." I was lucky enough to hear it (while watching Kungfu Panda - the first movie with overweight superhero).

I also noticed that I keep posting the same link to blog posts and videos that I have liked. Then a few weeks later I keep going back to find them. So I will try to keep them all in one place. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment