Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2016

Update on Bunjin Virginia Pine.

I wanted to write an update on the Virginia Pine I first worked on three years ago - here is the link to the first post about it.

When I wrote the last post the tree looked like this in November 2013.


Then came the terrible ice storm of 2014


In the summer of 2014 I thinned the needles and cut of the long section, but decided not to make any big bends until the fall.


I actually cannot find any pictures of this tree for two years and after I wired it in February of 2016 it looked like this.


Then in June, Juan Andrade styled it further and we decided that next spring we will plant it on the stone.


Since then the tree has filled out slightly and here is what it looks like in August 2016 vs. before I started working on it in 2013 (two years after being collected).



Next steps will be to plant it on the stone and then start working on refinement. More updates will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment